PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® PRIVACY STATEMENT
What We Collect and How We Use the Information
We collect personal data when you voluntarily provide it to us. We collect and use this personal data to assist in the administration and operation of the Site and to provide you an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® may ask you to provide certain demographic information, such as your name, contact information, address, native born country and native language. This information may be gathered when you visit this site to request free information and material, request product information or provide feedback in an online survey. When you provide such information voluntarily to us, we may use the data to fulfill our obligations with respect to the reason you volunteered the data e.g., deliver the requested services or information and provide you with information regarding products or services you may purchase.We may also use this data to:
- Allow you to participate in certain features of the Site;
- The administration of our website;
- Improve the Site or our Products, events and Services;
- Optimize your experience on the Site (technical troubleshooting, storing your preferences, etc.);
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from arrangements between you and us;
- For any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law.
- Provide you with additional information regarding Products, events and Services from PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP®, and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies via email or through advertising on various social media platforms or websites (both desktop and mobile) that you may visit;
- Develop, improve, and target our promotional messaging to you and others via retargeting, online behavioral advertising, and use of social media platform tools for advertising (such as creation of Facebook Lookalike Audiences).
- By providing us such personal information, PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® considers that to be “opting in” to allow us to contact you with information, special offers or promotional materials in the future. Our policy is not to contact you for anything unrelated to the Products or Services unless you have “opted in” to such contact when you signed up. SEE BELOW in section titled Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data. You can choose not to provide the requested data, but you might not be able to take advantage of certain Site features.
- PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® does not make your contact information or any other personally identifiable information available to anyone outside PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® or its service providers (who use the information only for authorized PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® purposes) unless we are legally required to do so.
- We automatically collect data about your browser or device and your use of the Site. We use various tracking technologies (such as cookies, clear GIFs, and/or pixel tags) to collect data about your use of and access to the Site. Cookies are small bits of information that may be placed on your computer by websites you visit, applications you use, or advertisements you view. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who you are. Pixel tags generate a generic notice of a visit to the Site. Pixel tags are used in conjunction with cookies to anonymously track the activity on the Site by a particular browser on a particular site. We use these small files to improve the overall website experience. Cookies generally do not permit us to personally identify you. SEE DETAILS BELOW in section titled Cookies and Other Browser Information.
- You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you a chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some websites may not work properly.
- When you access and use the Site, our technology and tools may automatically collect and record certain data (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Site (your IP address, browser type, the make and model of device used to view the Site, unique device identifiers, the referring web page, pages visited, search terms and other information relating to your use of the Site, browser or device). Our website automatically captures IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, and to help ensure the security of your interaction with the website. Your IP address is used to help identify you.
Cookies and Other Browser Information
To administer our Sites and for research purposes, PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® also has contracted with third-party service providers to track and analyze statistical usage and volume information from our Site users. These third-party service providers use persistent Cookies to help us to improve the user experience, manage our Site content, and analyze how users navigate and utilize the Sites.First and Third-party Cookies
“First party Cookies” are cookies that belong to PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® and that PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® places on your device. “Third-party Cookies” are cookies that another party places on your device through our Site. PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® may contract with third-party service providers to send e-mails to users who have provided us with their contact information. To help measure and improve the effectiveness of our e-mail communications, and/or to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on, the third-party service providers may place Cookies on the devices of these users.
For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies as indicated below.Depending on the Site, we use the following types of cookies:
- Session Cookies - Session Cookies are temporary and deleted from your machine when your web browser closes. We use session Cookies to help us track internet usage as described above.
- The data collected by the Sites and/or through Cookies that may be placed on your computer will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes mentioned above. In any event, such information will not be kept for longer than one year.
- Strictly Necessary/ Technical - These Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Sites so you may access them as you have requested. These Cookies, for example, let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access Site content. They also include Cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Sites.
- Analytical/ Performance - These Cookies are used by us or third-party service providers to analyze how the Sites are used and how they are performing. For example, these Cookies track what pages are most frequently visited, and from what locations our visitors come from. If you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise register with the Sites, these Cookies may be correlated to you.
- Functionality - These Cookies let us operate the Sites in accordance with the choices you make. These Cookies permit us to “remember” you in-between visits. For instance, we will recognize your username and remember how you customized the Sites and Services, for example by adjusting text size, fonts, languages and other parts of web pages that are alterable and provide you with the same customizations during future visits.
If you do not want Cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ / ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section or see www.allaboutcookies.org . Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies (including strictly necessary Cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or parts or functionalities of our Sites.
If you want to remove previously stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Sites from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
For more information on the development of user-profiles and the use of targeting/advertising Cookies, please see www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are located in Europe or www.aboutads.info/choices if in the United States.How do we use Other Tracking Technologies in our communications?
PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® may collect information about whether you open or click any links in the knowledge, research or event communications that we send to you through web beacons.
A web beacon is a graphic image, which is placed on a website or in an email that alone or in conjunction with cookies compile information about your usage of or your interaction with a PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® website or email. For example, we may add web beacons to the knowledge, research or event communications that we send to you to determine whether you have opened our email or clicked a link. The analysis gathered helps us improve the effectiveness of content and format of our websites and email communications.How do I refuse or withdraw my consent to the use of Web Beacons?
You may avoid web beacons by configuring your email reader program to disable the functionality that enables remote images to load and by refraining from clicking on any links in email messages.
Third-party Websites and Third-party Embedded Content
Our “Do Not Track” (DNT) Policy
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. We do not currently respond to those signals or similar mechanism transmitted by web browsers. To learn more about browser tracking signals and DNT, please visit http://allaboutdnt.org.
How We Share Data
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your data collected on this Site with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
- Service Providers. We may provide collected data to our service providers. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your personal data to provide services on our behalf.
- Sponsors or Event Partners. In the instance of ticketed events, we may share your personal data with sponsors or event partners.
- Business Transfer. In the event that PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® undergoes a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of its assets, your data will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
To the extent you provide us with personal data, we are processing your personal data under the following lawful basis:
- Processing necessary for compliance with legal obligations.
Opting-Out of Data Use or Withdrawing Consent
- As described above, we collect personal data about you when you voluntarily provide it to us, collect other data about you and your use of the Site automatically when you interact with us. If you do not want us to use your collected data as described above or if you wish to withdraw your consent to permit us to process your personal data, please email us at email@example.com.
- If you no longer wish to receive communications from PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP®, you can opt-out from receiving such messages in the future by following the instructions in the emails or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may remove certain tracking technologies and opt-out of online behavioral advertising messaging by using the opt-out tools available from the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA Opt-Out Tool) and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI Opt-Out Tools). Please note that these opt-out tools are device and browser specific, so you must repeat the opt-out from each of your browsers and devices.
- You may also adjust your advertising preferences on various social media websites by adjusting your Settings on the platform.
Protection and Retention of Data
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk and to safeguard your data in our possession. However, no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and no security mechanism is impenetrable. Therefore, although we take steps to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that we collect from you or the security of our servers or the Site. By accessing the Site, any transmission of data is at your own risk and you agree to assume all risk in connection with data sent to us or collected by us.
PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® does not knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP® does not target its website to children under 13 years of age. By using the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either at least 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Site. If you are purchasing any of the products or services of PRONUNCIATION WORKSHOP®, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please email us at email@example.com.
Foreign Jurisdictions; Personal Data Transfers